Hey Toronto, it is Ashton Deroy again writing for the Dignity Repairs blog. If you haven’t already, you need to be asking yourself. What should I look at in my transportation as we begin to turn from winter to spring and summer.
Well here is some things you might be over looking:
- Tire pressure changes – A warn down or misaligned tire can be extremely dangerous. To check your tire pressure use what is referred to as a penny trick on your tires. Heavily worn tread can cause dangerous driving condition. If you can see any part of the picture of the penny.You should replace your tires.
- Change your oil – Every 7,500 miles your oil needs to be changed. Usually this time comes around the time of the change in seasons.
- Check fluid levels – If the car happens to be your summer car and it has been in storage all winter. You should check transmission, power steering and differential.
Thank you for reading the Dignity Repairs blog. For all your change of season automotive needs go to Dignity Repairs in Toronto Ontario.
For all your auto repair needs go to 626 Dundas street west Toronto, on
Hours of operation:
Monday: 7:00am – 7:00pm
Tuesday: 7:00am – 7:00pm
Wednesday: 7:00am – 7:00pm
Thursday: 7:00am – 7:00pm
Friday: 7:00am – 7:00pm
Saturday: 7:00am – 7:00pm
Sunday: 7:00am – 7:00pm
Spring is nearing you can see the snow leaving, you can see clearly on the road and the horizon is clear ahead. Well except for the rainy days… Still many people don’t know what are important things to look at for Spring time auto maintenance. Today Dignity Repairs is going to share three tips for auto maintenance in the spring.
- Check batteries, plugs and wires– All these components give the power to your vehicle. Without these you are stuck roadside seeking the help of a friendly stranger. Test and replace your old batteries, plugs and wires. Especially if they are over two years old.
- Tire pressure– Nothing sucks like being stuck with a flat tire on the side of the road! Winter weather can actually reduce the pressure in your tire. In Toronto you have 5 months of cold weather beating on your tires. Just think in this case it is better to be safe than sorry!
- Check fluid levels– There are lots of things to check do not miss any of them. Engine oil needs to be checked, so does transmission fluid, brake fluid, antifreeze/coolant and, yes, even wind-shield washer fluid. Commonly brake fluid is a big issue in the spring time.
Not quite sure where to start? Come down to Dignity Repairs in Toronto Ontario. Click below on the map to get our address to enter to your GPS. Thank you for reading today’s blog.
Like Dignity Repairs on Facebook & follow us on Twitter: