Written by Ashton Deroy:
Air quality in your vehicle has been linked to cancer, driver distraction and pulmonary issues. This blog has three pieces of advice to manage the air quality in your vehicle to ensure your driver safety. This blog is really about managing the environment in your car which will also ensure a healthy driver. This can also help to ensure vehicle function long term?
- Use a cheap foam brush to dust between the A.C. vents – This ensures you do not have vents breathing out dust in to your vehicle.
- Vacuum up the dust as you brush it off – Do not just leave it sitting in the car. Make sure you clean it up and get it out of your car.
- Clean all the knobs and buttons – This will help keep the function of the car up.
- Clean out all of the trans from the car, especially bottles – Leaving bottles in the car long term because the bottles release cancer causing toxins and are very bad for your physical health.
- Use a magic eraser to clean off the vinyl and leather – Well because ewww.
- get rid of animal hair from your upholstery with a spray bottle and scrub.
Need an internal car cleaning? Please contact us: Call Us Now, 416-977-1400
Here is what they check when you bring your car in for a E-Test.
If the inspector finds any of the following issues, it must be corrected before the emissions test can continue, as it could lead to injury and/or the test equipment may not work properly:
- missing catalytic converter and/or gas cap
- defects in the fuel filler pipe
- problems with the on-board computer system that would prevent the vehicle from being tested
- visible smoke coming from the tailpipe
- any problems the inspector believes would prevent the vehicle from being tested safely
You will receive a pre-test check rejection form, if the vehicle cannot be tested. You will need to return for the test, once any required repairs are made.
The actual test entails
Hooking up device monitor to check if there are any codes reading pertaining to the emissions, you car will fail your e-test if that check engine light is on.
Then they hook up the tail pipe test to see if there is any leaks with your exhaust that could be dangerous to the public and environment.
What they don’t want you to know
If your car is over 20 years old and your repair to get the test is over 300$ you could be lucky enough to get a conditional pass on your vehicle. They can give you, your slip with the information that its a conditional and you can get this years sticker.
Here are two pictures that will show you the difference between good brakes and bad. When a mechanic says your brake are seized this is what he means. The caliper on the brake that pulls your brake pad onto your rotor and when its rusted out like this it doesnt slide properly and that can cause many issues with your brakes. Here is a pictures of what a good one looks like on the left and what a bad one looks like on the right. your pinion has to be heated up to be able to release some rust for it to come out and that in its self could cause damage.
While we were all trying to pretend the snow wasn’t going to come, it showed its face at rush hour traffic when no one in Toronto was expecting it, turning that 10 minute drive home into grid lock traffic for over an hour. All i could think about last night as all i could see ahead of me was brake lights and snow, was thank god i have my winter tires on, changed my brakes and new wipers!!
So don’t wait a minute longer thinking winter will go away if we don’t talk about it!
Winter is here and Dignity Auto is on your side!
Call us today to book and appointment 416-977-1400
Or you can email us at email@example.com