- Accelerate and decelerate your vehicle slowly – Take your time with how you operate your car. On an ice road this could be the difference between life and death.
- Drive slowly– Measure rather it is better to arrive to work late or not at all!
- Know your brakes– How long is it going to take for your breaks to come to a complete stop?
- Don’t stop if you can avoid it – With the exceptions of stop lights and stop signs of course.
- Don’t power up hills– The road is iced meaning if you power you could slide right back down and risk drivers’ lives near you.
- Don’t stop going up a hill– If you are part way up, there is no room to turn back up an iced hill roadway.
- Stay home– Sometimes staying home is better than risking the ride.
Like our page on Facebook: